National Housing Corporation Profile
6 Ufukoni Street,
P.O BOX 2977,
11101 Dar es salaam,
NHC: Build Our Nation
NHC is under the Ministry of Lands, Housing and Settlements Development. The Ministry is represented by the Board of Directors which is responsible for the corporate policies and strategies. The day to day management of NHC’s business is overseen by the Director General who is responsible to the Board of Directors. Effective from July, 1994, the Corporation’s portfolios have been divided into profit centers which are income generating and self-sustaining directorates and cost centers which play a supportive role. This role mandates the NHC to undertake an array of business.
- Construction of houses for sale.
- Construction of buildings as part of approved scheme.
- Provision of facilitating the provision of building materials, components, concrete article and other related articles.
- Business of building contractors, planners or consultants.
- Renting out and managing houses or properties built by the corporation and those acquired by the government.
- Carrying out other activities related to construction of houses or other building built or acquired by the corporation.
“To be a leading Real Estate Development and Management firm.”
“To provide and facilitate the provision of quality housing and other buildings for use by the general public while operating on sound commercial principles.”
- Core Values
The core values of NHC revolve around:
- Team work
These core values reflect the NHC ideals and principles and hence serve as guidelines for the Corporation as well as its officials in the conduct of their responsibilities.
This Charter establishes the high standards of service that you, our clients, can expect from us. Read More
The highlighted strategic drivers include, the property market situation; public perception; Government expectations; and the role of housing in fostering economic growth. These drivers which are in a way interrelated, form the base for NHC’s strategic goals, objectives and targets to be pursued for the 2010/11 – 2014/15 period.