Nehemiah K. Mchechu
Nehemia is an inspirational and transformational business leader. He is currently leading the largest Company in East Africa with a Capital base over USD 1.2Billion. He was recruited in this job to undertake the restructuring the State Owned Corporation following his good track record in restructuring the ailing Companies. He has been able to transform the NHC from the Bureaucratic State owned Corporation to among the best performing Companies in Tanzania.
Nehemiah was the former MD & CEO of Commercial Bank of Africa Tanzania Limited before his current job, where he was at that time the youngest CEO within the Banking sector in East Africa up to the time when he moved to his current role. Nehemiah did a transformation and restructuring of the loss making Bank to Profit Making Bank within the shortest period of one year. Prior to CBA, Nehemia worked for Standard Chartered Bank Tanzania Limited, and in his last role he was an Alternative Director, Head of Global and Co-Head Wholesale Banking, during this time he was very instrumental in bringing the new second horizon products and therefore raising the number of products offering from three to twelve all under his stewardship. He has also worked for Citibank and Barclays Bank Tanzania Limited.
Nehemia sits on several Boards including KCB Tanzania Limited, and Tumaini University where he both Heads the Boards Audits Committees, He is the Chairman of the Rightway Schools Board of Directors, is also a Director & Founding member of the CEO Roundtable, a policy dialogue forum that brings together CEO’s of the top 50 companies in Tanzania. He is also saves as a Presidential appointee in two Committees under the Tanzania Business Council where he serves on the Land Development Committee and also on the Public Private Sector Partnerships. He also saves as the as a member of the National Economic Task Force Team.
Nehemiah has saved before as a board of Director in Different Institutions and member to various Task Forces and technical Committee within the Private and Public Sector. He is also a mentor and runs a leadership program for young People who want to stand high among their best peers.
Nehemiah is an Inspirational and Transformational Business Leader.
Director of Finance
– Masters in Business Administration (ESAMI – UGANDA).
– Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
– Bachelor of Commerce Degree in Accounting(UDSM).
- Registered by the National Board of Accountants and Auditors(NBAA).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
- He worked for PricewaterhouseCoopers as a Senior Audit Associate.
- Worked for Coca cola South African Bottling (SABCO) as a Country Internal Auditor.
- He later worked for Coca Cola Kwanza Ltd (Tanzania) and Century Bottling Company (Uganda) as Finance Manager.
- Worked for Coca cola Kwanza (Tanzania) as a Director of Finance (Country Finance Manager).
Director of Regional Operations and Adminstrations
– Masters in Business Administration(ESAMI).
– Advanced diploma in Business Administration from Mzumbe University
- He has worked with both public and private organisations in Tanzania including Tanzania Petroleum Development Corporation, Barclays Bank Limited.
- City Water Ltd a company owned by Biwater International Ltd and DAWASCO.
Director of Human Resources
– Masters of Business Administration degree in Human Resources Management from the University of Dar es Salaam.
– Bachelor of Arts degree in Public Administration, from the University of Dar es Salaam.
- He has a wealth of experience in human resource policies, recruitment, training and performance management gained from both the public and private sector in Tanzania.
- He worked for 10 years with Coopers & Lybrand then PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC) as a HR Consultant where he gained a lot of experience on people management on the Companies that were undergoing the restructuring.
- He joins NHC from the Tanzania International Container Terminal Services Limited (TICTS) where he was the Head of Human Resource.
David M. Shambwe
Director of Treasury and Business Development
– Currently undertaking an executive MBA from ESAMI
– Bachelor of Commerce in Marketing from the University of Dar es Salaam.
- He brings a vast experience Sales and Marketing that he has gained from the Beverages Industry, telecommunications and the banking sector in Tanzania.
- He started his career in Kibo Breweries as the Area Sales Executive, where he later joined Celtel (now Airtel) as the Sales Development Manager before moving out and joining the Banking Industry.
- He joins NHC from the Commercial Bank of Africa where he was the Head of Retail Banking and Marketing. He has been an active member in the development of the mortgage financing in Tanzania and a qualified dealer of financial markets.
Issack M. Peter
Director of Innovation
– Masters degree in Construction Project Management(Heriot-Watt University in Edingburg Scotland).
– Bachelors degree in Building Economics (UDSM).
- Member of Association for Project Management (MAPM-UK).
- Incorporate Member of Chartered Institute of Buildings (ICIOB-UK).
- Member of Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH-USA).
- Worked for Mace International Limited for 3 years as project manager in the construction of Fairmont Palm Residence in Dubai.
- Worked as Lecturer at the Herriot – Watt University.
- He joins NHC from PHILS International FZC and he brings a wealth of experience in Construction innovation gained from the UK and Dubai.
Head of Internal Audit
– Master of Science in Human Resources Management Mzumbe University, Tanzania.
– Master of Science in Finance University of Strathclyde, UK.
– Postgraduate Diploma in Tax Management (PGTM),Institute of Finance Management (IFM).
– Advanced Diploma in Accountancy(ADA),Tanzania Institute of Accountancy (TIA).
- Chief Internal Auditor, Tanzania Education Authority, Nov 2008- 2011.
- Quality Manager, Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA), Nov 2006 –Oct 2008.
- Senior Internal Auditor, Tanzania Revenue Authority (TRA), Sept 2004-Oct 2006.
- Accountant, Ministry of Finance, Oct 2003-Aug 2004.
- National Board of Accountants & auditors [NBAA] ACPA 1424.
- IIA Member No. 1405145.
- ISACA Member No. 312758.
- Tanzania Institute of Bankers [TIB] S/TIOB/16.
Head of Procurement Management Unit
– Graduate diploma in Purchasing and Supplies from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) of the United Kingdom.
- He is a registered Corporate Member of CIPS (U.K.) and an Authorised Supplies Officer by the Tanzania National Board for Materials Management (NBMM).
- He has experience in the public tendering process, enforcing compliance and managing stakeholder relations gained from Institute of Procurement and Supply (IPS), PPRA, DAWASCO and TANESCO.
- He joins NHC from TANESCO where he was the Zonal Procurement Specialist, before then he was the Head of PMU at DAWASCO and resource person to PPRA.
Head of Corporate Affairs and CSR
– Masters of Science degree in Marketing Management(Mzumbe University).
– Bachelor of Arts degree in Liberal Studies(Salisbury State University of Maryland, USA).
- Ms. Omari experienced in public relations, communication, sales and marketing gained from both public and private organisations in Tanzania including Standard Chartered Bank.
- She joins NHC from Swiss Tropical & Public Health Institute under the National Malaria Control Programme – Ministry of Health and Social Welfare as Marketing & Communications Officer/ Project Coordinator.
Corporate Secretary and Head of Legal Service
– Masters of Laws degree in Advanced legal practice from the University of Northumbria UK.
– Masters in Business Administration from the Eastern African Management Training Institute (ESAMI).
– Bachelor of Laws degree majoring in Commercial and Corporate laws from the University of Dar es Salaam.
- Registered Advocate of the High Court of Tanzania and is experienced in various areas of legal practice having previously worked in both the Banking industry and in the Telecommunication Industry.
- He started his career as a Legal Officer with Tanzania Development Finance Limited (TDFL) before joining Diamond Trust Bank where he was the Company Secretary, Legal and HR Manager and MIC Tanzania Limited (TIGO) where he was the Company Secretary and Chief Legal Counsel.
Director of Property Management
– Bachelor of Science Degree in Land Management and Valuation from the College of Lands and Architectural studies, Dar es Salaam
- He brings to NHC experience in property management including collection of debt arrears, customer service, managing leases and implementation of property management databases.
- Mr. Abdallah has worked in a number of Property management companies in Tanzania and joins NHC from Knight Frank where he was the Senior Property Manager.
Director of Sales and Marketing
Mr. Pius Rwegoshora Tibazarwa holds a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering from the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM). He has worked for several organizations including National Bank of Commerce Limited, Barclays Africa Group Limited, Standard Chartered Bank Tanzania Ltd. and Old East African Trading Company.
Mr. Tibazarwa has over 18 years’ work experience in banking sector at senior managerial levels where he held positions of Interim Managing Director at the National Bank of Commerce responsible for overseeing the entire operations of the bank. He also has worked with National Bank of Commerce Ltd as the Acting Managing Director & Head of Treasury, and Head Sector Coverage- Regional Corporates, Africa Markets at Barclays Africa Group Limited where he achieved remarkable performance in both positions.
Prior to his Banking experience Pius worked with the Old East African Trading company as the Head of Communications Department where he oversaw the Sales & Service of its Telecommunications equipment throughout Tanzania.
Mr. Tibazarwa has extensive leadership experience in banking sector, investment, strategic Asset & Liability Management, Treasury Management, Risk Monitoring and Analysis, Mortgage Financing and real estate marketing. He joins NHC from National Bank of Commence Ltd where he was the Interim Managing Director.
Haikamen W. Mlekio
Director of Property Development
– Professional Engineer, PEng(T), Engineers Registration Board (ERB)
– Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering (UDSM).
- Member, Institute of Engineers Tanzania (MIET)
- Member, Botswana Institution of Engineers (MBIE)
- Worked for Builders (V.M.Chavda) Ltd as site Engineer for earthwork projects
- Worked for COWI consult (T) as civil Engineer for design and supervision projects
- Worked for ADA consulting Engineers, Ramani consultants, Peter Cotter Associates Consulting Engineers, ZMCK Consulting and Abdulla Associates in Botswana as Resident Engineer for building projects
- Worked for Apex Engineering as bridge/structure Engineer for bridge and road work projects (design and build) before joining NHC